Have you just invested in a motor scooter? If so, in the following article is a guide to help you operate the scooter in a step by step order. Motor scooters are fun to have, you can use them as a way of transportation or just if you want to have a good joyride.
- Get on the motor scooter and place the key in the ignition switch. Turn on the fuel valve, then place the kill switch, which is on the right handlebar, on the “On” position.
- Start the motor scooter’s motor by swiftly kicking one of the pedals through a full arc until the motor starts. Lift the kickstand with your left foot.
- Slowly roll the throttle grip backwards to partially open the throttle. Then place your feet on the pedals as you begin to roll forward. Roll the throttle grip back further to increase your speed.
- Roll the throttle grip forward slightly to decelerate, closing the throttle. With the throttle closed, you can coast for a short distance, but you will eventually stop.
- Gently pull in the brake lever on the right handlebar to apply the front brake. Steadily increasing pressure on the lever to increase the brake’s stopping ability. The left brake lever is for the back brakes. Pull on both levers at the same time to come to a stop.
- The rocker switch on the left handlebar will switch your headlight beam from low to high. Activate your turn signal on the left handlebar with the toggle switch. There will be a horn button on the motor scooter to sound the horn. All of the actions should be done with the thumb on your left hand.
- Apply both brakes on the motor scooter to come to a complete stop. Use your right thumb and flip the kill switch to the “Off” position and remove the ignition key.