Your scooter is a motor vehicle and most states require that you carry insurance for your motor scooter. Each state has their own requirements for motor scooter coverage, so please be sure to do some research before you purchase motor scooter insurance.
Scooter insurance protects you and others if you involved in an accident. Some factors that determine how much your scooter insurance will cost:
* Previous Driving Record
* Incidents of Scooter Theft in Your Local Area
* Overall Record of Scooter Accidents in your State
* Scooter Engine Size
* How Often the Scooter Will be Driven
* Will the Scooter be Garaged?
Steps to Obtaining Motor Scooter Insurance
1. Determine your state’s requirements for motor scooter insurance. Currently in Florida scooters over 49cc fall under motorcycle category and insurance in recommended but not mandatory if you always wear a helmet.
2. Shop around for insurance. Visit the websites of Geico, Allstate, Progressive, Nationwide and others to request free quotes.
3. Once you find the best rate possible for your motor scooter insurance and made sure the company you choose is reputable, you just need to contact a local agent and pay the down payment needed to get your motor scooter insured.